|Way to Die #515|
|Name of the death is a pun on the drug "vicodin"|
|Date||c. AD 1011|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Death On Arrival"|
"Vike-O-Done", Way to Die #515, is the fifth death to be featured in "Death On Arrival", which aired on December 6, 2009.
Sigurd , an unbeatable viking, has just defeated his rival, beheaded him, and claimed victory. However, his rival's head bites on to Sigurd's leg after twirling the head in victory.The wound killed him. In other words, his rival was not done fighting. After ten days of walking home, Sigurd's leg wound got even more infected, and Sigurd was on his way to Valhalla. It would have taken centuries before medicines were made. When Sigurd finally reached Valhalla, his fate was sealed and he was too weak to move. He removed his hat and right before he died, his final words were, "Slain by a dead man."
- Skip Wilder - Viking Expert
- Dr. Steven Kim - Biochemist
- Many historians believed that in Norse times, vikings, when slain in battle, are to go to Valhalla, the final resting place of heroes.
- This is one of the deaths where the victim dies in a calm way (i.e last words to say). Other similar stories are Brain Worms, Jack N' Croak'd, and Pissed Off.
- Sigured the Mighty died exactly the same way in orkney 896AD
- Hvarslo is not a real city.
- This death is also featured in Horrible Histories: Stupid Deaths segment about Sigurd the great. Link for the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6C6VNBuH8k