|Way to Die #929|
|Name of the death is a pun on the famous quote in The Karate Kid|
|Date||August 17, 2010|
|Location||Mojave Natl Park|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
| previous death|
| next death|
"Turtle Waxed", Way to Die #929, is a fifth death to be featured in "Fatal Distraction", which aired on October 5, 2010.
Mr. and Mrs. Chow were out in the Mojave Park to look for animals. However, they weren't there to sketch wildlife. They were there to poach animals and sell them to illegal markets. When they spot a rare turtle, they think it would make a quick one-thousand dollars. Before Mr. Chow could grab the turtle, a bald eagle swoops down out of nowhere and picks the turtle up with its talons. The eagle tries to break the turtle's shell by dropping it at high altitude, but the turtle end up lands on Mr. Chow's head, breaking through his skull and sending him into cardiac arrest, leaving his now-widowed wife, Mrs. Chow, screaming in horror. Miraculously, the turtle survives the fall and crawls away.
"Mr. Chow made a nice living by ripping off Mother Nature. She returned the favor, and made a nice death out of him."
- Sean Roach - Wildlife Educator
- Also called "Turtle Shelled" on the Spike TV website.
- This way to die is based on an urban myth about how Greek philosopher Aeschylus died.
- This death has also beat a record of the very near deaths, this death was just a month and a couple days away from the aired episode where date was.
- Lanzamiento de Tortuga (Turtle Fling) - Latin American dub
- La Venganza de la Tortuga (Turtle's Revenge) - Spanish dub