|Way to Die #450|
|"That's A Morte!"|
|Name of the death is a pun on the song "That's Amore"|
|Date||June 25, 1580|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Today's Special: Death"|
"That's A Morte!", Way to Die #450, is the second death featured in "Today's Special: Death", which aired on August 1, 2011.
An Italian statesman suspects his wife, Caterina of being unfaithful and puts her in a chastity belt to keep other men away from her. One of Caterina's lovers comes up with a plan to slip off the chastity belt by soaking her in a tub of oil and water. The belt comes off and the two have sex. This process is repeated for several days, causing scratches on Caterina's skin from the rust, which gives her a fatal tetanus infection and she dies right when her husband returns from his business trip.
"There's a lesson here: whenever it's the 15th century or the 21st... infidelity can get pretty messy. Caterina couldn't keep her legs shut. And now her mouth is... forever."
- Jason Sarrow - Chasity Belt Expert
- Drew Badger - Toxicologist
- "A woman in renaissance Italy wears a chastity belt as part of a ruse to deceive her husband, but dies of a bacterial infection from the rust" (Spike TV website)
- "Lust Poisoning" (Spike TV website)
- Also called "Lust Poisoning" on the Spike TV website.
- This death took place in July 25, 1580 instead of June in the German version.
- There are 3 Italian words notified through the segment:1) Puttana= Whore. 2) Grilletto= Vagina. and 3) Conigli= Rabbits.
- The Italian word "Morte" in the death title translates as "death".
- Que Morte! (What a Morte!) - Latin American dub.
- Oxidada (Rusted) - Spanish dub.
- Wer betrügt, der rostet (Who is cheating, you rust) - German dub