|Way to Die #78|
|Name of the death is a pun on "texted"|
|Date||August 19, 2005|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Death: A User's Manual"|
| previous death|
"Red, White and Blew"
| next death|
"Shoots & Ladders"
"Text Dead", Way To Die #78, is the third death featured in "Death: A User's Manual", which has been originally aired March 29, 2009.
Tricia and Chester were texters. Chester was driving while Tricia was walking, but now their death clock was ticking. The problem was they didn't know when to stop. Tricia was walking 'round town texting as Chester was driving through town while texting. When Chester saw Tricia walking down the road, he doesn't see her until he hits her, crushing her organs, killing her instantly.
"And so ends, another modern romance."
- Stephen Timmermans - Socialogist
- Robert Jay Stahl - Driving Instructor
- This segment was based on true stories about texting-while-driving stuff. Several people got some accidents that can cause death.
- Chester has an iPhone, when he was texting to Tricia. iPhones weren't available on the market until two years later; he must have had a regular phone to text to Tricia.
- A 2007 Honda CR-V can be seen despite it was set on 2005
- Tricia is seen in a ponytail while texting, but if you look closely as she's gets run over, her hair appears to be down, and as she collapses on the ground dead, her ponytail is back.