|Way to Die #621|
|Name of the death is a pun on "spy" and "cyanide"|
|Date||April 17, 1943|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Stupid Is As Death Does"|
"Spyanide", Way to Die #621, is the fourth death featured in "Stupid Is As Death Does", which aired on March 29, 2011.
Max was an amateur American spy who sympathized with the Nazis. After a short meeting at the park, another American (not a spy but a do-gooder) caught up to him. Max thought his cover was blown, but the American was really trying to return his notebook that he left behind, which meant that Max jumped the gun. Max was on the run, thinking his cover was blown, and took his own life after swallowing a cyanide pill.
"Max was a traitor who deserved to die, In the end he did his country a favor, by doing himself in."
"Danke schön, Dummkopf."
- John Prudhont - World War II Military Historian
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologis
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
In 1942, a German spy collecting intelligence on US military personnel during WWII takes his own life with liquid hydrogen cyanide (issued to him for this exact reason) when he thinks his cover is blown.
- This is the first intentional suicide in the series.
- This is based on any number of suicides at the end of World War II where a cyanide capsule was used, including one that killed Adolf Hitler's wife, Eva Braun.
- "Danke schön, Dummkopf." in English means "Thank you, dumbass."