|Way to Die #326|
|Name of the death is a pun on "mother-in-law"|
|Date||March 5, 2007|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Today's Special: Death"|
"Smother-In-Law", Way to Die #326, is the fourth death to be featured in "Today's Special: Death", which aired on August 1, 2011.
Barbara, a meddlesome, shrewish, obnoxious and overweight mother-in-law, pesters her son's wife Sabrina (her daughter-in-law) by nagging her about her son's food preferences. When Sabrina is cooking vegetables, Barbara puts cheese on them much to the former's disgust, also insulting the mother-in-law's weight.
Taking offense, Barbara calls Sabrina a "dirty little bitch" while giving her a slap in the face. In anger, Sabrina stabs the knife into the wooden knife holder before leaving. Barbara then tries to take a frozen pizza out of the freezer, but the box is wedged between other groceries.
The force of Barbara's tugging sends the refrigerator crashing down on her. When the freezer fell on top of her, the sharp end of the door cuts through her jugular vein and carotid artery while the rest of the refrigerator breaks her skull into pieces, and she died instantly as a result.
"Everybody who has a mother-in-law can sometimes find them...trying. You suck it up and learn to leave each other alone. But then there's the bitch like Barbara, who's better off...left for dead."
- "A horrible mother-in-law is criticizing her son’s wife’s every move in the kitchen when she slips and grabs the oven handle, causing the entire appliance to crush her." (Spike TV website)
- In the German dub, this death was depicted to have taken place in Indiana instead of Ohio.
- Suegra Congelada (Frozen Mother-in-law) - Latin American dub.
- Suegra Plasta (Bore Mother-in-law) - Spanish dub
- Das schwiegermonster(The monster-in-law) - German dub