|Way to Die #856|
|Name of the death is a pun on an elevator's "shaft"|
|Date||January 8, 1992|
|Location||Fort Worth, Texas|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"You're Dead! LOL!"|
| previous death|
| next death|
"Shafted", Way to Die #856, is the second death featured in "You're Dead! LOL!", which aired on February 10, 2010.
Heather, an uber-bitchy, mean-spirited office manager treats her employees the way she always does. One day, she gets inside an elevator with her employees. However the elevator gets stuck, and Heather gets claustrophobic and desperately wants to be out of the elevator. In attempt to get out, the other employees pry open the doors to let her out. As Heather is climbing out fate steps away, the elevator's hydraulic brakes fail and the elevator proceeds to descend, crushing Heather's abdomen/bisecting her, and she dies.
"On her way up, Heather stepped on everyone's backs. That's why no tears were shed when she broke...her own."
- Dr. Alex Yufik (clinical/forensic psychologist)
- Noland Sims, Jr. (elevator technician)
- Dr. Hitoshi Nikaidoh, in 2003 at a hospital in Houston, TX died when an elevator decapitated him. Even though Heather was Bisected , his death could be a base for Shafted.
- The death segment was based on a scene from Total Recall (1990), where Douglas Quaid (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger) moves aside where its safe because the worker elevator climbs up through the block ceiling and decapitates Richter's (played by Michael Ironside) arms and he screams while falls to death.
- This death also happends to Cuddles from Happy Tree Friends on a episode See You Later, Elevator (a pun on See You Later, Aligator).
- This death could also be based on the death of character Nora Carpenter from Final Destination 2 (2003).