|Way to Die #220|
|"Scratch n' Snuffed"|
|Name of the death is a pun on scratch and sniff|
|Date||November 2, 2008|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Death Puts on a Dunce Cap"|
Way to Die #220: Scratch n' Snuffed, is the sixth death featured in "Death Puts On a Dunce Cap", which aired on November 2, 2010.
It's election day and the polls are closed. After being humiliated by widespread news of a sex scandal involving visits to South America to see his Brazilian mistress, Giselle, congressman Carson Harold III gets voted out of office and goes broke after his wife divorces and abandons him. After taking in all that bad news, Carson drops dead. What killed him? You could argue it was his penis. Carson should've gotten his vaccinations before he did his cheating. When Carson was on one of these trips ten years earlier, he was bitten by a triatominae also known as a kissing bug. After numerous visits and numerous bites, he developed Chagas' disease, which in turn led to a fatal cardiac arrhythmia. As soon as his ex-wife slapped him in the face, Carson developed the arrhythmia, and he wound up dead.
"Carson Harold was a corrupt politician who enjoyed the perks and porks of his position. He was living large on the taxpayers' dime... until a tiny bug popped his bubble and turned him into the leading candidate... for death."
Cast and Interviewees
- Andy Bakkum - Carson's Ex-wife (lead)
- Angelica Montesano - Giselle (lead)
- Jules Sylvester - Himself (Wildlife Expert)
- Jason Romero - Himself (EMT)
- The plot of this segment seemed to be based around former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, who was also discovered to be having an extramaritial affair in 2009. (Although Sanford had the affair in Argentina and not Brazil).
- In the German version, the death took place in Mississippi instead of Virginia.