|Way to Die #408|
|Name of the death is a pun on "ring-a-ding ding" and "dead"|
|Date||June 13, 2008|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Death, the Final Frontier"|
Ring-A-Ding Dead, Way to Die #408, is the fourth death featured in "Death, The Final Frontier", which aired July 15, 2012.
Dwight is an obnoxious hipster with a habit of going to yard sales before the sellers could open them, and snatching up anything that catches his fancy without paying as much as a penny for it (which is stealing, of course).
One day, he goes to a yard sale two hours early, and browses the selection for something that he could snitch, when he notices an odd-looking antique ring. The homeowner sees Dwight with the item, realizing that the ring belonged to his grandfather and he had been looking for it for a decade.
He and Dwight get into a struggle over the ring, when something struck the latter in the eye and through the brain, killing the sticky-fingered hipster. The reason for this: the antique ring that Dwight attempted to steal is actually a ring gun, and it was loaded. Dwight had accidentally shot himself with it during the struggle.
"Dwight liked to shop, he just didn't like to pay. When he found an antique that packed a deadly punch, he tried to steal it. But in the end, he bought it."
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "An obnoxious Hipster attempts to steal a steampunk-style ring from a yard sale, only to discover (too late) that it's a 19th century ring-gun."
Cast and Interviewees
- Casey Noel - Himself (Explosives Technician)
- Qaddoe Wreegish - Dwight (lead: intended victim)
- One Ring To Kill Them All (Spike TV website)
- Ring of Fire
- Ringed In
- The ring gun featured in this death is a 19th century Dyson LePetit Protector, which is chambered in 5mm (.2 caliber).