|Way to Die #496|
|Name of the death is a pun on "reception"|
|Date||July 3, 2010|
|Location||Warwick, Rhode Island|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
| previous death|
| next death|
Recep-shunned, Way to Die #496, is the first death featured in "Death Penalties", which aired on January 25, 2012.
Emily and John are a newlywed couple forced to hire Sandy, an obnoxious wedding singer, as their entertainment for their wedding reception after the original booked band canceled. Sandy soon gets drunk, annoying the wedding attendants. Sandy performs a crude song about the couple, saying that John was tricked into marrying Emily after getting her pregnant, and then calls Emily a slut and says that she has herpes. In a fit of anger, John attempts to fight Sandy but is intervened by the best man who holds him back. John pushes the best man into the microphone stand on Sandy's keyboard, forcing the microphone to lodge deep into Sandy's trachea. The attendants are too freaked out by the event to help Sandy, causing him to die from asphyxiation.
Wedding receptions are supossed to be fun. Sandy got wasted, and turned this one into a nightmare. Oh well. Time to cut the cake?
Cast and Interviewees
- Chase Matthews - Sandy (lead: intended victim)
- Lauren Lee Denham - Emily (lead)
- Christine Bailey - Herself (Wedding Planner)
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Himself (Interventional Pain Physician)
- Also called "Wedding Swinger" on the Spike TV website.
- Por abrir la boca (For being open-mouthed) - Latin American dub
- Por la boda muere el pez (Fish dies by the wedding) (Wordplay on "Por la boca muere el pez") - Spanish dub