|Way to Die #189|
|Name of the death is a pun on "polyester", "ass", and "turd"|
|Date||October 7, 2003|
|Location||Twin Falls, Idaho|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Eat, Pray, Die"|
"Poly-Ass-Turd", Way to Die #189, is the third death to be featured in "Eat, Pray, Die", which aired on August 8, 2011.
Derek, who's a fraudulent self-help guru, holds an outdoors seminar for people with low self-confidence, which includes a test in which the patients have to walk over a bed of hot coals. When a patient complains the coals are too hot, the guru attempts to prove them wrong and walk over them himself. However, he falls and is caught ablaze, with his polyester suit melting onto his skin causing fatal burns to his body and dies.
"Derek was a con-man who exploited people's fears and insecurities. But in the end, the "self proclaimed self health" guru couldn't help.. himself."
- DJ Grothe - Fraud Investigator
- Eric Abrams - Fireman
- Also called "You're Fired" on the Spike TV website.
- This Death has a Intro Motion Like Premature Endings. Take a Look at The rat Open His Eyes.
- Muerte por traje barato (Death by cheap suit) - Latin American dub.
- Poliester ardiente (Burning Polyester) - Spanish dub..