|Way to Die #638|
|Name of the death is a pun on Ozzy Osborne's nickname, "Oz", and "asshole"|
|"A couple hundred fire ants won't necessarily kill you, but if you inhale them into your nasal cavity and down your throat, you can't breathe, you die."|
|Date||August 19, 2001|
|Location|| Bonelli Park|
San Dimas, California
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Cure for the Common Death I"|
"Oz Holed", Way to Die #638, is the fifth death to be featured in "Cure For The Common Death I", which aired on March 22, 2009.
Taylor and Conrad were two mega-fans of Ozzy Osbourne (a real-life heavy metal singer). To prepare for Ozfest, Taylor has a container of fire ants so that he and Conrad would snort as there is a rock and roll legend that Ozzy snorted a line of fire ants with Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx. However, after snorting a few, the fire ants sting their nasal cavities, and the two suffocate to death.
"Stupid bastards. A couple hundred fire ants won't necessarily kill you, but if you inhale them into your nasal cavity and down your throat, you can't breathe, you die. A couple of big jerks.. Ozholes. Stay. Stay."
Cast and Interviewees
- David Britz - Taylor (lead: intended victim)
- Ryan Sandberg - Conrad (lead: intended victim)
- Jules Sylvester - Himself (Wildlife Expert)
- This features the first and so far only time one of the interviewees actually makes an appearance in the segment itself, with animal trainer Jules Sylvester breaking the fourth wall and chastising the two dead teenagers about what led to their deaths.
- This death took place on the same day as Lady & The Trampled, in Sturgis, South Dakota.
- Oz-Fest never toured California in August 2001.
- Muertos por Ozzmanía (Dead by Ozzmania) - Latin American dub.
- Imitando a Ozzy (Imitating Ozzy) - Spanish dub.