|Way to Die #158|
|Name of the death is a pun on the show "Mythbusters"|
|"Bigfoot, if you're watching this, sit back and relax. With idiots like Luke here, you've got nothing to worry about."|
|Date||May 3, 2006|
|Location||Pierce County, Washington|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Cure for the Common Death, Part II"|
"Death of Sum Young Guy"
"Myth Busted", Way to Die #158, is the third death to be featured in "Cure for the Common Death, Part II", which aired on December 15, 2010.
Luke Wiggins a loner who moved to the county to get away from city-life. But, unfortunately, he found himself living next to a popular jogging trail. So he drunk some cans of beer & thought of something scheming. Then he got the idea to dress up like Bigfoot & scare them away. (Think he was watching way too much Scooby-Doo episodes). After he stalked a young mother & her baby, She reported a strange creature to a park ranger. The park ranger immediately thought of Bigfoot & went out to the woods to capture him. As Luke was chasing a young woman who was jogging, the ranger shot him with a tranquilizer-gun. The tranquilizer was designed to sedate large mammals, like elephants, bears, & Bigfoot. When used on mammals such as humans, the toxins in the dart slow down the bloodstream & shut down the victim's body. When the park ranger unmasked "Bigfoot" he was surprised to see the body of Luke, who had died of hypotension moments later.
- David Paulides - Director of North American Bigfoot Search
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A prankster dressed as a yeti gets a deadly dose from a tranquilizer dart."
- Fact: This death's name is a spoof of "Myth Busters", a show on Discovery Channel.
- In 2012 Randy lee Tenley of Kalispell Montana died when he dressed as Bigfoot to scare and went to scare on a highway and was run over.
- Tranq-Spanked (on Spike TV website)