|Way to Die #129|
|"Lawn of the Dead"|
|Name of the death is a pun on the film "Dawn of the Dead"|
|Date||May 5, 1978|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Today's Menu: Deep Fried Death"|
"Lawn of the Dead", Way to Die #129, is the first death featured in "Today's Menu: Deep Fried Death", which aired on December 8, 2010.
A man named Matthew parties with a bunch of his junkie and drunk friends at an outdoor barbecue. After one of his friends dodges death by moving out of the way when fire shoots from the grill, Matthew celebrates by pulling out lawn darts and showing one of the female partygoers how to use them. Matthew tosses the lawn dart up into the air, but gets distracted by the female flashing her breasts (another 70's fad called breast baring) and fails to catch the lawn dart. The dart comes back down with enough speed to impale Matthew through the top of his skull, piercing his brain and coming out the bridge of his nose, killing him instantly.
"Matthew had a lot in common with 8-track tapes, shag carpeting, and platform shoes. None of them made it out of the 70's."
- Charlie Murphy - Actor/Comedian/Screenwriter
- Ethan Mauringed - Matthew (lead: intended victim)
- "A picnic in the 1970's shows the dangers of 70's living . . . especially the ol' lawn darts."
- Death By '70s (on Spike TV Website)
- This segment is based on an actual product called: Lawn Darts - that were around in the 1970s, up until they were banned a decade later due to injuries and casualties.