|Way to Die #500|
|"Ich Bin Ein Stoner"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "Ich bin ein Berliner" (German for "I am a Berliner") and "stoner"|
|Date||October 26, 1384|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Eat, Pray, Die"|
"Ich Bin Ein Stoner", Way to Die #500, is the first death to be featured in "Eat, Pray, Die", which aired on August 8, 2011.
Freidrick is a witch hunter who just went mad after eating grain with ergot in it. Going crazy, he runs out and causes amok. Ironically, he just accused a young girl of being a witch. In his village, the people were extremely superstitious. He would prick the accused person's mole with a needle. If it bled, you are pure, if not, you'd be executed by stoning. Unlucky for Fredrick, his mole didn't bleed, therefore the superstitious people stone him and a rock to the head and gut causes his demise.
"In the Dark Ages, people lived in fear of what they didn't understand... Freidrick condemned others to death based on superstition until he got a taste of his own medicine."
Cast and Interviewees
- Kai Cofer - Friederich (lead: intended victim)
- Janina Washington - Alleged witch
- Dr. Faryl Reingold - Herself (Occupational Therapist)
- Dr. Steven Burstein - Himself (Interventional Cardiologist)
- Ergot is a poisonous fungus that grows on rye plants. A cause of the execution must be because ergot contains a special chemical that constricts blood vessels and prevents bleeding, making the people believe that Freidrick was "not pure."