|Way to Die #371|
|Name of the death is a pun on "jacked off"|
|Date||November 23, 2011|
|Location||Mill Valley, California|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Think Globally, Die Locally"|
"Hacked Off", Way to Die #371, is the sixth death to be featured in "Think Globally, Die Locally", which aired on March 19, 2012.
A computer hacker named Alton, who hacked his own pacemaker to manually control his heart rate. However, his teenage neighbor Johnny played his video game using his wireless video game controller. Hacking the pacemaker left it vulnerable to other wireless devices so when Johnny's controller got crossed with Alton's pacemaker, Johnny was unknowingly controlling Alton's pacemaker with every push of the buttons. Once Johnny stops playing the game out of frustration when he loses (while being rude to his mother), Alton dies from cardiac arrest due to irregular heartbeat.
"Alton was a hacker who hacked his own ticker. then a gamer took over and his ticker went quicker. The gamer groaned, but it was Alton...who got owned."
- Kevin Beaty - Alton (lead: intended victim)
- David Michael Paul - Johnny (lead)
- Malos Marcapasos (Bad Pacemakers) - Latin American dub.
- Pirateado (Hacked Off / Pirated) - Spanish dub.
- Also called "Hack Attack" on the Spike TV website.
- This is the latest death featured in the series.