|Way to Die #89|
|"Greased Is The Word"|
|Name of the death is a pun on the song "Grease is the Word" from the film's soundtrack|
|Date||May 17, 2001|
|Location||St. Louis, Missouri|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Up With Death"|
| previous death|
| next death|
"Greased Is The Word", Way to Die #89, is the fifth death to be featured in "Up With Death", which aired on December 16, 2009.
Gomer, a parolee let out after doing time for a failed stick-up attempt, plans his next attack to be on a jewelry store. To prepare for it, he puts on a fish-net mask and takes out his gun. However, due to the mask blocking his vision, Gomer ends up walking into a gun store, and is shot to death by the clerks and customers inside when he pulls out his gun. They shot him multiple times until he received a fatal shot to the heart, with death becoming instantaneous.
''Gomer's last stick-up was his last act on earth, but his fame lives on. On the internet, the gun shop security cam video has two million hits and counting."
Cast and Interviewees
- T. Ryan Mooney - Gomer (lead: intended victim)
- Carey Fox - Gun Shop Owner
- Mike Tristano - Himself (Weapons and Firearms Expert)
- Dr. Steven Burstein - Himself (Interventional Cardiologist)
- Although this is set in 2001, there is a large shop saying "Blu-Ray". Blu-Ray wasn't announced until 2002.
- David Zaback died the same way except he didn't put a pantyhose over his head and he wanted to rob the gun store. David's death happened in Washington state in 1990.
- When this way to die was filmed, they used a paintball gun, and the actor who played Gomer (T. Ryan Mooney) danced while the gun fired. This is known as the "Paintball Dance".
- This death is also what happens if you try to rob a gun store
- A death similar to this is seen everytime you try to rob an Ammu-Nation in GTA V