|Way to Die #174|
|"Dog Dead Afternoon"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "dog day afternoon"|
|Michael was just a dog who just wanted some love and affection. Vic was an animal, who belonged to the cage. Michael and Vic: one was Man's best friend... the other... the pits.|
|Date||February 10, 2006|
|Location||Little Rock, Arkansas|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"That's "Mister Death" To You"|
"Leave it to Seizure"
"Dog Dead Afternoon", Way to Die #174, is the fourth death to be featured in "That's "Mister Death" To You", which aired on July 11, 2011.
Vic is an animal abuser sneaks into an animal shelter to steal animals for his cruel pitbull fights. However, he spots and tranquilizes a dog named Michael. When Vic goes into Michael's cage, he is spotted by a guard. He then tranquilizes the guard, who falls in front of the cage gate. When Vic struggles to get out, Michael wakes up and instinctively attacks him. He runs up to Vic and knocks him down, he then sinks his carnivorous jaws into Vic's neck and began to crush his windpipe. He also lacerated his carotid artery and jugular vein. Unable to escape, Vic soon dies from the mauling.
- Dr. Boyd Flinders - Surgeon
- Three Dog Night (Spike TV website)
- The would-be thief is named Vick, and the dog is named Michael - an obvious reference to notorious NFL quarterback Michael Vick, who was sent to jail for his role in a dog fighting ring.
- The alternate name is a reference to the American rock band Three Dog Night.
- The wrong state code is used on the show for the location of this death. The correct one is "AR", for Arkansas. It is erroneously listed as "AK" (Alaska)