|Way to Die #944|
|"Dead Light Green Light"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "red light, green light"|
|Date||April 18, 2005|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Death - Putting The "Fun" In "Funeral""|
"Dead Light Green Light", Way to Die #944, is the sixth death featured in "Death - Putting The "Fun" In "Funeral", which aired on February 22, 2012.
Steve is a scalper who sells tickets for sporting events, and also a con artist; unbeknownst to his patrons, the tickets are counterfeit, allowing him to easily rip them off of their money. When a man has his fake ticket identified as fake, and is ordered to the back of the line, he confronts Steve in anger. This is why Steve shouldn't be busy counting his money. Attempting to make a run for it, he hits the walk button to get across a busy street, but ends up being hit by a car, despite the signal saying walk. What Steve didn't realize was that a slug crawled into the electrical box controlling the traffic lights and its' slimy body shorted out the circuits. So when the light read "walk" for Steve, it also read green for traffic. Steve dies from massive internal bleeding due to his rib cage being broken and his lungs being punctured ;and he was dead by the time he hit the asphalt.
"Steve was a slimebag counterfeiting scalper; Mr. Slug was just trying to keep from burning up. When Steve and the slug crossed paths, the scalper got his ticket punched."
Cast and Interviewees
- Art Roberts - Steve (lead: intended victim)
- Ron Kublin - Himself (Ticket Scalper)
- Gary Kauffman - Himself (Civil Engineer)
- Factual Error: It is possible for an electric box to be shorted out a fast-moving liquid (such as water) because it has low viscosity and can spread out easily. Slug slime on the other hand, is too thick and high viscosity. Therefore, it should not have shorted out the electric box.
- Anachronism : Steve was ran over by A 2007 Jeep Wrangler. The SUV was introduced a year after the death was happened.