|Way to Die #172|
|Name of the death is a pun on "daddy dearest"|
|If Megan wasn't on her way to a lifetime of therapy, she is now. Gee, thanks, pop!|
|Date||May 25, 1994|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"If You're Dead - Leave a Message and We'll Get Back to You"|
"Leave it to Seizure"
"Dead-dy Dearest", Way to Die #172, is the seventh and final death to be featured in "If You're Dead - Leave a Message and We'll Get Back to You", which aired on January 5, 2011.
Mike is a stubborn and overprotecting father to his daughter, Megan, considering he was a war vet back in the day. His stubborn behavior scared her mother away, but Megan was stuck with him; lately, it was difficult for her to keep a boyfriend. One night, Megan and her new boyfriend, Nick are studying in Megan's room. When Mike hears some giggling in her room, he brings out a gun and shoots it at Nick, which turns out to be a joke, because Mike put blank bullets in the gun, but when he tries to demonstrate by pointing the gun at his own head and firing with blank bullet, the joke is soon after on him: he ironically dies due to the pressurized force of the blank striking so close to his temple that it causes brain hemmorage causing his demise.
Cast and Interviewees
- Mike McCann - Mike (lead: intended victim)
- Ashley Watkins - Megan (lead)
- Brian Dewar McNamara - Nick (lead)
- Dr. Marc Kern - Himself (clinical psychologist)
- Peter Leffe - Himself (ballistics expert)
- Though the first suicide was "Spyanide" in the future episode "Stupid is As Death Does", this was the first accidental suicide on the show.
- This death may have been loosely based on the death of Clement Vallandigham, a lawyer who shot himself whilst trying to defend a man in court.