|Way to Die #288|
|Name of the death is a pun on the dance troupe Chippendales and the tv cartoon, "Chip and Dale"|
|Date||August 11, 2003|
|Location|| Sonoran Desert|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
"Chippin' Dale", Way to Die #288, is the second death to be featured in "Unforced Errors", which aired on February 8, 2009.
Tiny and Dale are two tree removal workers clearing brush in the 110-degree heat of the Sonoran Desert. It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it; they just wish it wasn't them. They get the last of the branches to the top of the hill and the last job before heading home: chipping the branches. However, the last branch gets stuck. The two are anxious to get home, sip a case of cold ones and catch a cage match back at Tiny's. Dale tries shoving the branch through with his feet, and in the process, learns the hard way: a machine made to destroy tree limbs can also destroy human limbs. Dale is sucked into the chipper, until he is reduced to nothing more than ground chuck or minced meat. Much to the Horror of Tiny as he gets a blood shower.
"Is there a lesson to be learned from all this carnage? If you're this stupid, maybe you deserved to die." (US Version)
"Is there a lesson to be learned from all this carnage? Yes, there most certainly is: Don't put your feet into a wood chipper." (UK Version)
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- If one reads Dale's lips, he says "Oh, F**k!" as he's shredded by the machine.
- Why didn't Tiny turn off the machine? No one knows. It even shows a clip of the power handle which was covered in blood but still functional.
- The company that created the wood chipper is named "Beers". This may be a reference to Thom Beers, the original narrator of the show.
- There is no CG skeleton model showing how he died.
- At the beginning of the segment, Tiny calls Dale Jessie.
- Triturando a Dale (Grinding Dale) - Latin American dub.
- Por las Ramas (For the Branches) : Latin American dub. (The Deathies)
- Picadillo a lo Dale (Mincemeat of Dale) - Spanish dub.