|Way to Die #355|
|Name of the death is a pun on the phrase "bowled over".|
|Date||January 23, 2008|
|Location||East Los Angeles, California|
| Episode this death|
was featured in
|"Think Globally, Die Locally"|
"Bowled Over", Way To Die #355, is the fifth death to be featured in "Think Globally Die Locally", which aired on March 19, 2012.
Jared and his three friends are hipsters and students in a film class, hoping to jumpstart their career with viral videos. They start by filming their friend, a girl, chugging beer in slow motion. Two of guys then throw objects off an 80 foot overpass, while Jared and the girl film them below. The two guys first throw a watermelon, a television and then a bowling ball off the overpass. While the first two objects shatter without harm, the bowling bowl shatters and sends a piece of shrapnel flying towards Jared. The shrapnel pierces his eye and severs his medulla oblongata (which controls organ function). Jared dies instantaneously of internal hemorrhaging and organ failure as the girl shouts "YOU KILLED HIM!!!"
"It's a pretty cynical bunch here over here at 1000 Ways To Die. We're not about to shed any tears for one dead hipster. We'll let her do it."
- Benjamin James - Jared (lead: intended victim)
- This is the second death to be filmed at the LA River viaducts in Los Angeles, the first was "Homie-Cide".
- This death is also known as "Exploding Bowling Ball" on the Spike TV website.
- Continuity: When Jared's friends drop a bunch of stuff to film in slow motion; one of those things is a TV, that's dropped and smashed. But when they throw down a bowling ball, the "dropped" TV disappears.
- Plot Hole: The CGI animation shows that Jared died instantly after getting his eye pierced, but when it shows the recap - he's flinching after being hit in the eye and then eventually dies.